Clean Printhead on HP Printer may be on the cartridge or be integrated with the printer. It can usually fix clogged print heads with your printer’s built-in self-cleaning software, though you may have to clean the print heads manually if that doesn’t work. Printers with a black and color cartridge generally have a printhead in the on the cartridge itself
You can use the cleaning process to resolve print-quality issues, such as streaks or smears in the printout. here is tutorial demonstrates step by step how to clean Printhead on HP Printer using Simple Methods
Before starting with this guide, this process uses ink, HP recommends that you do not clean the printhead unnecessarily to avoid wasting ink.
Step 1: Clean Printhead Self-Cleaning from Control Panel
Follow these steps to run the printhead-cleaning tool from the product control panel.
- Open Start Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type control panel into Start Doing so will search your computer for the Control Panel app.
- Click Control Panel. This blue, circuit board-shaped icon should be at the top of the Start window.
- Click Devices and Printers. It’s a printer-shaped option on the far-right side of the page.
- Open the printer’s menu. Right-click the name of the printer that needs cleaning. You’ll find it below the “Printers” heading near the bottom of the page. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click Properties. It’s at the bottom of the drop-down menu. A new window will appear.
- Click the Hardware or Maintenance tab. You’ll find this option at the top of the window.
- Click the “Cleaning” option. This option will usually say Clean Heads or Clean Cartridges, but keep an eye out for any “Clean” option on the page.
Follow any on-screen prompts. If prompted to do or click anything during the cleaning process, do so. Otherwise, your printer should clean itself, after which point you can resume printing your documents
Step 2: Clean Printerhead with Printhead-cleaning tool
- Open HP Solution Center:
Windows XP: Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Click Settings, and then click Printer Toolbox. The printer Toolbox opens.
- Click the Device Services tab, and then click Clean Printheads.
- Click Clean to begin the cleaning process, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. A test page prints after the cleaning process completes.
Click the Use or Print Using menu, then select the name of your printer.
If this tutorial could help you, please rate above Star button rating and share to help others find it! Feel free to leave a comment below.